Starter Tuesday 5th Jan. Passive audience theory

 The media effects theory by Adorno and Horkheimer is Hypodermic syringe theory.

The media effects theory by Gross and Gerbner is mean world syndrome.

Some media products that have created moral panics are violent video games and social media.


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6230901/Teenagers-play-Grand-Theft-Auto-likely-fights.html

In the article it says that researchers claim that video games cause violence in children. It says that ther was a correlation between games such as GTA and physical aggression. Personally I see where they are coming from because they used research to Bach it up however I don’t agree with it as I think it depends on the person because I believe that to be violent like they are saying there must also be something else going on as I don’t think that just anyone would look at the video games and think about acting like that in real life. Most people are good people and I don’t think a video game would change that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revision U1: LO4: Data Analysis

Differences between commercial and public service companies